Thursday, October 15, 2009
Led By The Spirit
This morning I went hunting for just a few hours hoping to bag one of the bucks that I saw during bow season. I didn’t really feel like I would see anything with the weather like it was but I still had hope. After a while I gave up on the thought of seeing anything so I headed out of the woods. I was slowly walking back down the trail to get to my truck when I felt the spirit say stop and wait. Man I got excited because I just knew that I was going to see a big buck step out in front of me any minute. I waited and waited and waited some more and I finally realized that it wasn’t the Holy Spirit that had said stop. I wanted to bring home a big buck so badly that I begin to hear the spirit say what I wanted Him to say. I can’t get that off my mind. I know God speaks to us through the spirit and I’m certain I’ve heard Him speak to me before. But this morning my desires began to impose on what I perceived to be the spirit and led me to stand dead in my tracks with false hope. Now I know some of us would begin to justify this and say well maybe God wanted you to stop for some other reason and He may have spared your life some how by having you stop on your way out of the woods. I’d like to think so too, but I truly believe that if the Holy Spirit said stop and wait because there is a deer coming, then I would have come home with meat for the freezer. Now what we need to consider is that in order to be led by the Spirit we must have a desire for things that are spiritual. The truth is I was leaving the woods in the first place so I could get to the office and get busy about my Fathers business. It was then my desire to shoot a deer began to lead me away from that which was most important. Don’t let yourself get confused by your own desires and end up standing still for no reason. It’s one thing to "be still and know that He is God" (Psalms 46:10) and another thing to stop running the Christian race and stand still in your labors and efforts for the kingdom of God just so you can please yourself. The only way to truly be led by the spirit is to spend much time in prayer and studying Gods word. So let’s open our bible more and spend more time on our knees that we might be called the sons and daughters of God (Romans 8:14 KJV For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.) God Bless you all!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment