Friday, October 16, 2009
Desiring God's Desire
As I continue to think about my recent hunting adventure I can’t help but to think about the word desire. The word desire means to want something very strongly. There are a lot of things in life that I want but do not need. For instance the new Toyota pickup I’ve been drooling over for the past couple years. I desire to have something that is beyond my current budget. But if I would take the advice of so many of today’s charlatan preachers I would feel as though God wants me to have all my desires and I might as well go out and buy that truck and just trust Him to send the money for me to pay for it. No....no…no….! God DOES want to give us the desires of our heart but His word never suggest that we should so call “step out in faith” if we do not have the resources to pay for something. I believe God will send the resources first in most cases so listen closely to make sure it’s the Holy Spirit telling you to step out in faith rather than you own spirit. Our desires should be that which God desires for us. Though we will desire a new truck or car or many other material things we should put them last and Gods desire first. I believe God will begin to give us our material desire when we start to focus more on His spiritual desire. God Bless!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment