Monday, February 28, 2011

Time Off

This past Friday I was injured with a cracked rib in a church basketball game. I have had to be very still to let it heal so I've been laid up in my recliner for the past two days. I knew I was hit real hard but with the excitement of the game and all the adrenaline pumping I didn't realize my rib was cracked. In fact it wasn't till later that night when I started hurting worse and worse every time I took a breath that I realized something was wrong. I could probably push myself and do a little more than what I have been but the doctor says that will only delay my recovery. So unlike usual I've decided to listen to the doctor. I've been watching TV, reading my Bible, praying and sleeping for two days now and I've got to admit the rest has done me a world of good. I'm reminded that we can get so consumed with life that we forget to enjoy it. I encourage each of you to take some time to spend with God, not just at a conference or a church service or even a revival, just some quit time alone with no distractions, just you and God. I pray it doesn't take you braking a rib to realize this simple but important truth. God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment