Sunday, December 13, 2009

Legacy or Tragedy?

My wife's grandmother just past away this morning and to be honest it really got me thinking. What if today was my day to meet Jesus? I know it's not odd for me to think about that question seeing that I'm a pastor and all. But I wonder what people would say about me if I was to leave this world today. We spend so much time trying to make withdraws from life, family, and friends that we sometimes forget to make any deposits. My advice today would be to stop long enough to think about the impact you've had on others and ask yourself how you can make an even greater impact from this point on. There is a quote my wife sends to me every once and a while, we don't remember who it came from but it says "Some people are made to read history, some were made to write history, and others were made to make history". I would like to be the one who makes history because of a courageous faith. Leave a legacy not a tragedy. God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment